As many as 8 out of 10 women will experience nausea and vomiting during pregnancy which is known as 'morning sickness'. Although it is called morning sickness it can occur all day, every day and make you feel miserable. It normally occurs in the first 3 months of pregnancy (the first trimester) but can carry on through the entire pregnancy.
If you are suffering from morning sickness here are 10 proven tips that other Mums have shared and found helpful that you could try:
- If you can eat little amounts and often as having something always in your tummy can help.
- Try snacking on dry crackers or toast. Keep the crackers by your bed too.
- Try to keep your fluids up by drinking Peppermint tea, iced water, or water with lemon in it. Peppermint is a very old remedy for an upset tummy.
- Try grating and eating a green apple.
- Anything with ginger in it may help. Drink ginger ale, ginger beer, eat gingernut biscuits, drink a tea with ginger in it or ginger in any form may help.
- Wearing sea sickness or car sickness bands or bracelets from the pharmacy.
- Suck on lemonade ice blocks. They are refreshing and help with keeping fluids up and may help with energy levels.
- Try eating a snack before you get out of bed in the morning.
- Acupuncture, homeopathic advice with a professional.
- Ask your pharmacy, general practitioner or midwife for professional advice. They may have something that can be prescribed.
Remember to look after yourself and get as much rest as you can. Your body is going through some massive and incredible changes that is growing a little someone to light up your life.
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and hopefully something on this list will help you with your morning sickness.
Did you suffer from morning sickness?
Leave a comment below to let others know what helped you the most.