This is a no fail recipe and yummy.
You can eat it straight away with ice cream, cream or yoghurt or eat it as a cake for school lunches and afternoon tea.
You will need:
1/2 cup butter
1 medium egg
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
What you need to do:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees c.
- Melt butter and beat in the sugar. Add egg and beat again. Add flour and baking powder and mix well. The consistency should be similar to playdough.
- Push half the dough into a dish - pyrex or ceramic. If you use a metal tin, spray with cooking oil first.
- Lay your sliced apples over the dough. Sprinkle with a little sugar and cinnamon.
- Put the rest of the dough over the top by rolling it out or flattening them with your fingers and laying over the top of the apples.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes. The shortcake should be risen and the top golden.
- Rest for 10 minutes before taking it out of the dish.